How to guilt your parents into giving you money
It’s easy! And, you’re already doing your part.
Here’s how: take the following info to your parents and, hopefully, cash in.
The average price of a pack of cigarettes in Tennessee is $5 – enough to make you think twice about picking up the habit.
Not to mention it’s smelly, gross, addictive, and unhealthy.
The average smoker is going to smoke a pack a day, right? If you multiply the average cost of a pack of cigarettes, $5, by the number of days in a year, 365, it comes out to be $1,825.
That’s a lot of money.
That’s a lot of money you’re saving by NOT smoking.
Here’s where we cash in.
- Approach mom and/or dad
- Give them the facts of the price of cigarettes
- Remind them how proud they are of you for not picking up the habit
- Propose a deal
- Tell them you’ll never pick up the habit
- Instead, have them pay YOU for not smoking
Maybe ask them to give you $5 a day for a year, or just the $1,825 up front
No matter how you approach it, it’s a win-win.
- You’re not smoking – hurray!
- Hurray for you because you’re healthy!
It’s worth a shot.
But whatever they say — don’t smoke. Because even if you don’t get the money upfront, in the long run — it’s a lot cheaper!