Putting the HIV & Substance Abuse Toolkit into practice
Putting the toolkit into practice:
- Group/ Classroom setting (examples: community centers, schools, clubs)
- Individual Assignment (examples: schools-homework, extra credit, consequence)
- Self guided learning (examples: job training, self-assessment)
*To access the Be Aware web tool, go to http://whoyouwant2be.org/toolkits/be-aware-training-tool/.
If facilitator wishes to implement the Be Aware web tool as a group activity:
- Access the web tool and use a media tool such as laptop hooked up to a television or projector for entire group to participate.
- The facilitator can go through the lessons and questions with the group as a whole.
- The facilitator may also choose to show participants how to use the web tool on the bigger screen while they use individual devices to complete their own web tool activities.
If the facilitator wishes to implement the Be Aware web tool as a class assignment to be completed individually:
- Instruct participants on how to access the web tool
- Upon completion the participants can return the certificate of completion.
- The facilitator may also choose to show an example of how to use the web tool before allowing the participants to access the activities individually.
- This option can be completed on the participants own device or one provided for them.
Self Guided Learning
This option allows participants to complete the Be Aware web tool at their own pace:
- Participants may set goals without help from a facilitator.
- The facilitator may provide the resources and instructions on how to access the web tool
- The participant will complete the lessons on their own time on individual devices or ones provided for them.